Trying to conceive. On susten 100. Periods started after failure of IUI. Is anything wrong with IUI failure?

Infertility Specialist
HI, I am 29 and trying for baby for last 2 years.I got ovulate by taking 3 HMG injections on 5th,7th and 9th day.My follicle size on right ovary was 20*20 mm and got ruptured free fluid on 18th day.The endometrium thickness was 7.8mm.I had my first IUI on 18th day and was asked to take susten 100 from 19th day.I didnt conceive at my first IUI.and got periods on 31st day.Is anything wrong for IUI failure. My doctor has suggested to take second IUI by this month.What may be the reason for failure at first attempt.IS there is chance to get conceived in second IUI.Or any thing wrong in the endometrium thickness
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 43 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The treatment given to you is fine. There is nothing wrong with the endometrial thickness and this is fine.
The success of an IUI cycle is between 10 - 14% per cycle
The success of 3 cycles goes upto 60%. Its understandable that you are upset after the 1st cycle. Please be patient and most importantly, do not get stressed. The IUI should help about 70 to 80% of the couples to achieve a pregnancy
Hope to have answered your query

Dr Nandita Thakkar