Trying to conceive. On marijuana. What does my sperm analysis state? Will pregnancy lead to miscarriage?

My wife and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 6 months with no luck. She is 31 and I am 33 years old. She had herself checked and everything was fine. I had a semen analysis done, if you can let me know your thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. I drink almost daily, and smoke marijuana about once a week. Here are the results of the semen analysis after 2 days of abstinence. Concentration 67 M/ml. Volume: 1.8ml. Total Sperm Count: 121M. Motility: 81%. Progressive Motility 3.0. Round Cells 1.0M/ml. WBCs: N/A. Viscosity: Normal. pH: 8.1. Agglutination: 1+. Morphology Normal Forms: 19%. Morphology Abnormal Forms: 81%. Head Defect: 50%. Tail Defect: 22%. Neck Defect 5%. Cytoplasmic Droplets: 4%. Comments: Moderate number of sperm heads without tails observed.
If you can please give your ideas I would appreciate it. Can we have babies through normal intercourse? Is there a way to fix my agglutination issue of +1 (ie Vitamin C or Zinc)? Is +1 really bad? Should we even try to have a baby or will it lead to a miscarriage? I would really appreciate your feedback on this. Thank You
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 2 hours later
iFirst of all a single semen exam may notbe very conclusive. Next time try 3 days abstinence
You wrote progressive motility fo 3.0. its low min it shd be 50%
You have high no of abnormal forms the normal forms shd be > 30%.
Agglutination may vary please repeat it again.
When the semen ex is not normal its advisable to quit smoking drinking and drug use
Avoid weaaring tight undergarments and keep your self cool( avoid warm climate)
Poor semen leads to difficulty in conception.
If fertilisation occurs with abnormal sperms which is least likely there could be problems in conceiveing and higher chances of miscarriage and unsuccessful pregnancy.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. On marijuana. What does my sperm analysis state? Will pregnancy lead to miscarriage? 14 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX your knowledge was very informative and helpful. I will follow your recommendations; I will wait for 3 days of abstinence, not drink or smoke, change my undergarment to a more open and loose one, and repeat the exam in 3 months. I have also been taking Vitamin C 1000mg daily. Should I also take Zinc? Also I thought progressive motility should be between 2-4, and I am at 3. I thought that was normal?
Do you think from the results it’s possible I have an infection? Should I get tested for that in the meantime, or should I wait 3 months without drinking or smoking and wearing open underwear and see what the results are? Again, thank you for your time and knowledge.
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 9 hours later
Its Ok to take vit c and Zinc preparations.
Infection can lead to reduced count and motility but doesnot change the forms.
Now that you have done life style changes lets see what the next test has to say.