Trying to conceive. On dephostan. Having pain in ovary and breast. Is this a sign of implantation?

May 2013
Hi Dr. Mia,

I have been trying to conceive for the past 1 year normal way. Did a hormon test and all was ok except my prolactine (result 30 and normal as per dr. was 15). Dr. gave me dostinex (twice a week) before starting my clomid
-first day of cycle (period) 26th Oct
-27th started 5 days clomid
- 7th Oct dr. saw 2 good size folicles
- 7th Oct did home ovulation test and turned positive
-8th Oct did another ovulation test and turned negative
- 8th started dephostan for 10 days (today 17th Oct was the last pill) felt cramps on my right ovary.
When should i test for pregnancy and could the cramping be a sign of implantation?
PS: husband had a sperm test and all turned normal.
Thank you in advance for answering my question.
and yes one more point, i have painful tender breast since 2 days back until today.

Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Better to test pregnancy after crossing your expected date of periods or at least two weeks after ovulation, on 22nd November.
If you want to test 2 weeks after ovulation go for blood test for pregnancy which will give accurate result in early gestation.
If you are choosing urine test for pregnancy better to wait till expected date of periods.
Sometimes implantation can cause little abdominal cramping.
Just by this cramping and breast tenderness we cannot confirm the pregnancy as in premenstrual period also we can see these type of symptoms.
But as the ovulation induction, hormonal supplementation etc are properly planned there is more possibility for pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.