Trying to conceive. Noticed spotting and having backache. Had chemical pregnancies. But no implantation. What to do?

Hi! We've been trying to conceive this month. I ovulated July 1st (day 21 of my cycle) and started spotting on the 4th. It's been 3 days and the spotting evolved from little light pink tiny clots to medium (not as fluent as period though) dark brown with little clots.

I've had a chemical pregnancy last month and my backache was very strong. I havent been having that kind of pain this time but its been painful. This is exactly how I felt last month before it washed out , so this time I tried staying at home and rest but Im not sure that it helped...

Can you please tell me anything that could help me understand what's happening to me? I'm starting to get anxious because I think this might be the same thing that happened to me the last time... Is this a sign of something worse? Like a health problem of some sort? Or is it common to have 2 chemical pregnancies with no implantation 2 months in a row? What should I do next?

Thank you so much!
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 37 minutes later
You are still young and you did not wait enough time so don't worry.
Yes it is common to have two successive chemical pregnancies, and it happens to many people but passes unrecognized.
If you do not have any medical troubles and your cycles are regular, I advise you the following.
- To have intercourse at days 12, 14 and 16 of your cycle.
- Not to have a pregnancy test except after missing your period by 10 days.
Do this for a minimum of six months and if no pregnancy occurs, an evaluation will be mandatory.
I hope I have answered your query and will be happy to answer more questions.
I wish you good luck and getting pregnant soon.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Noticed spotting and having backache. Had chemical pregnancies. But no implantation. What to do? 1 hour later
Thank you very much for the quick response and the good luck! :)

So there's still a chance that I could be pregnant if I haven't had a pregnancy test is that what you meant by "you didn't wait enough"? Or did you mean that I should wait at least 6 months before thinking of getting an evaluation?

Thanks again!
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Bahaa 35 hours later
Hi, welcome again.
Yes I mean you should wait before being anxious and asking for an evaluation.
Having a pregnancy test early diagnoses chemical pregnancies, while most of them abort.
I apologize for the delay and waiting to hear good news soon.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.