Trying to conceive. Noticed spotting after ovulation. Is that sign of implantation? Suggest?

I am 28 year old female. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for the last two months. I had my ovulation on 9th March and we tried to conceive then. On 19th March, 10 days later, i noticed spotting brown in colour. At first i thought it was my normal period, but they were scant brown in colour and were not seen later in the night or the next day. On 22nd, i had bleeding which was the normal day of my periods and it feels like normal period only.
I am slightly confused. I have read that spotting is a sign of implantation bleeding which could mean a sign of pregnancy. But now since i have bleeding and think my period, i dont understand why the spotting happened.
Can you please guide.

regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Implantation can cause spotting but it can also occur due to a deficiency of progesterone. I would suggest you to take progesterone in the post ovulatory period or secretory phase. (the period between ovulation and day 1 of the next cycle)

It can be in the form of dydrogesterone or pure micronised progesterone. These are prescription drugs which need to be taken under your doctor's guidance and prescription

I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow up queries.

Best wishes.