Trying to conceive. Not having regular intercourse. All reports are normal. How often to have sex for conception?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi I have been trying to conceive but we only have sex maybe once a week or even less frequent. I am ripping my hair out because I have never been pregnant and I am now 38 but have never been caught. I was never sexually active until I was 26 but never been really very active. I have had an ultrasound scan which my Gynaecologist has corrolated with blood work and I dont have PCO, I am attaching the report. Everything with me and my husband is ok apart from me being overweight at 17st 7lb and husband smokes but has cut down a lot and has tobacco of 20 a day compared to cigarettes of 40-50 per day. He is trying to cut down more and I am trying to lose weight. Do you think i can conceive naturally with more cut backs and regular sex, how often should we be having sex for best chances to conceive. I do ovulate and I do have regular periods
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follicular Growth Scan Detailed Answer: Hi, If there was nothing wrong and both of you were fine, you should have conceived by now. Since you are 38 years old already , and not having regular intercourse I suggest you go for IUI or IVF. Still if you wish to conceive naturally get HSG which is tubal patency test and your husband's semen analysis. If they are fine, get regular follicular growth scan done to see when eggs are rupturing and hae intercours accordingly. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist