Trying to conceive. History of miscarriage. Husband's sperm analysis done. Any suggestion?

We are trying to Conceive from last 2 months & nothing happened
I am wondering if you can help where we went wrong, As discussed with you in the past we had two mis carriages & both the times pregnancy occurred for the first time... now we are tried for two months & nothing happened

As per the medical tests every thing looks good other than we are on Folgard
>When our OBGYN did egg count it is around 18 eggs which she mentioned is good
>For my spouse even the sperm count is 127 Million & 87% utilization (3days abstaining
of intercourse)
? in both the months we did intercourse on 11th, 13th, 14th & 16th days (January) ;
10th, 12th, 14th & 15th days (February) but nothing happened -- Why?
? before we get to 10th day my husband abstains the from intercourse for 5 days (does
the sperm become too old for 5 days or are we doing too frequently ?
? I keep reading that the sperm stays active for 3 days so if the egg is released & sperm
is already in & active does it not get fertilized ?
? Can or Does stress or anxiety to conceive kill the sperm or eggs?
? Does this has to do any thing with XXXXXXX is -Ve but DSDNA is equivocal/Intermediate
mine is around 8 (<=4 Negative; 5 to 9 intermediate, >10 Positive)

Please help us, this time is very painful & stressful...

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 8 hours later

I have noted the details submitted. You seem to have a few queries and I hope the following comments answers all those.

All your tests seem good - the sperm count and egg count. Everything is perfect. However I feel that the stress levels related to pregnancy are very high. Believe me if you let go and let things take a natural course it would really help things.

The other thing is to use the ovulation kits, that would again help you with the timing.

In the setting of a negative XXXXXXX dysdna has no value.

If there are no fruitful results despite repeated trials, though the egg may be getting fertilized but perhaps the implantation is not proceeding favourably. In such cases, consult an infertility specialist. He/she can add more value to the treatment and plan a better course of treatment.

As of now, the frequency of intercourse seems fine. Time it according to the days of ovulation.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I have missed any of your concerns.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. History of miscarriage. Husband's sperm analysis done. Any suggestion? 48 hours later
We had tested again & realized I am pregnant.. we went to our OBGYN today she has done a blood work & confirmed

today is my 29th day my HCG levels are at 104

Our OBGYN did tests for progesterone, estrogen & Thyroid --> Progestrone & estrogene looks good, but for thyroid my level is at 3.0 (normal <2.5) she prescribed synthorid...

? Does the HCG levels look normal for 29th day 104... OBGYN mentioned she will do another test after 3 days
? What does this thyroid means & how it helps during pregnancy
? When i spoke to the phamacist he mentined synthorid is used to increase or suplement my thyroid levels (but already my level is high 3.0 it should be brougt down to 2.5) does it mean it should be brought down or am i understanding some thing wrong
? Its also mentioned to take Synthorid 30 mins before breakfast in the morning with a glass of water -- is it okay to take this medication with out eating any thins (OBGYN mentioned she will do another test after 2 weeks for thyroid )

My main concern is since we had two miscarriages I am little worried both the times HCG levels didn't increase as expected... after the second miscarriage our OBGYN has done so many tests & now on folgard & on a weekly monitoring (up to first trimester)...

Please help me if i need to be on a better diet to reduce thyroid or bring back to normal levels -- any specific food or reduce eating salt etc..

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 22 hours later
The thyroid levels are high because they are probably the levels of TSH, which goes high, if the thyroid hormone levels go low, so you understand that actually it is a deficiency, which is why she has given you supplementation.

Yes, generally medication for thyroid needs to be taken empty stomach.

The hcg levels seem to be fine.
Just keep your diet healthy, there is no specific diet for thyroid except for adequate iodine and avoiding cruciferous vegetables like cabbage.