Trying to conceive. History of irregular periods, unwanted facial and chest hairs. Solution?

Question
My husband and I are trying to conceive, however I am trying to conceive but Im not having any luck. My history, irregular periods and unwanted facial and chest hairs. Can you please help me?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 16 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Your symptoms of irregular periods and unwanted facial and chest hairs suggest polycystic ovarian syndome(PCOS). However there is nothing to be concerned about. It is a treatable condition.

I recommend you the following.
1. Get yourself investigated for hormones like FSH, LH, Serum Prolactin, Sr Testosterone and an Ultrasound abdomen. Ask for your husbands semen analysis.
2. Meanwhile you can start on oral contraceptive pills for 3months. This will treat your symptom of irregular menstrual cycle and facial hair.
3. From forth month you can stop oral contraceptive pills and try for a baby.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask for follow up clarifications.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. History of irregular periods, unwanted facial and chest hairs. Solution? 17 minutes later
Thank you so much!!!!
What are some recommended contraceptive for those 3 months? And will these meds make me feel ill? Is there anything I can do Naturally?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 5 minutes later
I appreciate your prompt reply.

Let me answer your query.

1. What are some recommended contraceptive for those 3 months? You can take Krimson 35 for 3 months. It is oral contraceptive pill specially indicated for excess facial hair and menstrual irregularity.

2. And will these meds make me feel ill? No , they will not make you feel ill. Infact you will feel much better.

3. Is there anything I can do Naturally? Yes. You need to reduce your weight atleast by 5%. It will automatically regularize your cycles and increase your chances of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. History of irregular periods, unwanted facial and chest hairs. Solution? 7 minutes later
Thanks again Dr. Nilofer!!!!!!!!
Im just nerous and never had a baby before and now Im ready to conceive.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 minutes later
Do not worry. You are just 27 years old. You will definitely have a baby.
Enjoy your married life. Do not be tensed about anything.

Wish you good luck.
regards,
Dr Nilofer