Trying to conceive. Having PCOS. Was on meperate, Given ovanac and asked for ultrasound. Suggest?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doc, I am 26 years old. I got married in XXXXXXX 2013 and i am having PCOS problem. My husband's semen analysis is fine. I am planning to conceive and my LMP was on 6th July, 2013(through Meperate). my GYN had given me ovanac for 5 days (once daily). she told me do TVS ultrasound on 18th July and 19th July (18th to 23th chances of pregnancy being higher) to something(that i dont know).
Is treatment fine? What should i do to make it a success?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Please let me know regularity of your previous cycles with dates of past few cycles if you have noted down. 2) Do you need to take medicines everytime to get cycles. 3 ) what is your present height and weight. Please let me know the answers to my questions after which i will be able to guide yoy better. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Having PCOS. Was on meperate, Given ovanac and asked for ultrasound. Suggest? 36 minutes later
1- i dont get periods by own. it was last year XXXXXXX when i got my period by own.
2- i need to take medicine everytime.
3- height-163cm and weight =90kgs
i am very tensed as i want to conceive asap. please help me out and suggest me what should i do to have baby.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for additional information. Following is my reply.: 1) I understand your concern about early pregnancy. But let me explain few important matters which you have to do soon for getting pregnant. 2) You are obese by your weight for height with PCOS which means ovulation will be delayed as you dont get cycles on your own. 2) Most important thing is to loose weight as early as possible. Be on balanced diet under a dietician's guidance. 3) Join a gym and follow brisk walk and excercise regimen. 4) undergo regular follicular growth scan by TVS as per your doctor's suggestion to check for ovulation time and best time to have intercourse. 5) But let me remind you that loosing weight is most important. Please get back to me if there are more questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol