Trying to conceive. Have sore breast, started spotting an HPT negative. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi my fiance and i were triing for a baby at the end of augest, we tried everyday for about 2 weeks, she has taken 3 pregnacy test but they have all come up neg. when it was time for her period in january she said it wasnt a normal one and i was mosting just a little spotting, now if she were pregnant she would be 6 weeks, she says her breasts have been sore for about a week now, and ive notice that they have gotten a little larger, she is also scheduald to have a period this month on the 9th, do you think that would be why they hurt? Do you think shes pregnant?
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 19 minutes later

Since Pregnancy test is negative, it is less likely your fiancé could be pregnant.
But it all depends when was the pregnancy test done. Most of the pregnancy tests are 98% sensitive when it is done 2 days after missed periods.

Enlarged breast with soreness could be due to hormonal changes (progesterone) in the second half of the cycle.

I recommend you fiancé to
1.Repeat urine pregnancy test (UPT).
2.This needs to be followed by ultrasonography if UPT is positive to rule out chances of miscarriage.
3.Start folic acid tablets. 5 mg of folic acid needs to be taken daily.
4. Have plenty of fluids and healthy diet.

Hope i have answered both your queries. You can write to me anytime for further clarifications.

regards and good luck.
Dr Nilofer