Trying to conceive. Have pelvic inflammatory disease. Having pregnancy symptoms but had period. Prognosis?

I have been trying to concieve for about a year and it isnt happening i have had pelvic ninflammatory disease and i dont know if its bc of that my periods are horrible when they ome around they are sometimes irregular and very painful i have been having quite a bit of discomfort.and pain in my left side where my ovary is. I dont know if i am ovulating or.not or when i do. I get pregnancy symptoms but then my period hits i dont know what to do or what to think doctor has told me i had a ovarian cyst on my left.and.right ovary but should go away bc it was a functional cyst.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 56 minutes later
It sound like you may have endometriosis along with PID. Usually unless its severe PID antibiotics can clear the infection. Only if its severe,there are dense adhesions and conception will be a problem. With endometriosis, the periods can be painful and ovulation may not happen. You will need to be investigated extensively to determine the cause. A complete panel of blood test,ultrasound,xrays and diagnostic laproscopy may be needed. My suggestion would be to see a infertility specialist and extensive testing.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have pelvic inflammatory disease. Having pregnancy symptoms but had period. Prognosis? 1 hour later
The pain is usually only one day and i can never tell if im ovulating late or on the time im calculated to. My period was 26 day cycle from last month till my previous which was march 18 my cervix seems to hurt during the middle of my cycle and intercourse seems to make it hurt worse. My secretions are creamy and pastey sticky but when i climax its clear stretchy at all times of i cant use my secretions for accurate ovulation. In scared i can not concievr
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 hours later
You seem to have signs of PID but its important to rule out other causes of infertility like hormonal imbalance,PCOS, tubal bloackage etc.
The only accurate method of confirming ovulation is by ultrasound. The secretions that you have may be mixed with natural secretion of the vagina during intercourse.
Its important that the differentiation be made so that anovulation may be rule out as a cause for the infertility. Ovulation secretion should appear as clear white discharge,that may appear 'stringy' between the fingers. However,secretions after climax may appear similar. I suggest that you see a doctor and undergo some tests so that possible causes can be ruled. I would also stress that sometimes PID ,in severe form ,can cause tubal blocks so you should think about those tests seriously.