Trying to conceive. Have multiple painful fibroids. What is the safest treatment?

May 2013
I am 41 yrs old, married in Feb 2010. couldnot get pregnent, have multiple uterus fibroid, one more than 3 cm, extremely pain, what is the safest treatment? like to get kids after the treatment
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

according to your history and ultrasound report,

-as you are having multiple fibroids, with larger one with around 4cms of size, in intramural location and with history of infertility the better option is myomectomy by which multiple fibroids can be removed and uterus can be preserved.

-with treatment with lupride or other medical treatment options temporary relief occurs and also ovulation suppression occurs which is not desired in woman who wants to become pregnant.
medical treatment can be followed for few months to decrease the size of the fibroid, which can help in surgery.

-as you are having multiple fibroids laparoscopic approach may not be correct and as having intramural fibroid hysteroscopic approach will be difficult.

-before going for myomectomy some pre-requisites to be fulfilled like,
hysteroscopy or hysterosalpingography - to exclude submucosal fibroid, tubal block etc.
examination of husband in fertility point of view means semen analysis.

you consult your doctor once and discuss regarding above points as myomectomy is comparatively a big procedure, requires few weeks of post-operative recovery period, needs strict followup and preferably cesarean section in pregnancy, and follow her advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.