Trying to conceive. Have hashimotos thyroid disease and endometriosis. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Any thoughts?

I am trying to conceive I have a normal period 28 day cycle which lasts for about 4 days of mild bleeding. I have hashimotos thyroid disease and endometriosis. We had intercourse everyday this last cycle and my last period was March 18 th my period was due Monday April 15 th but its still not here. I am kind of lightheaded, feel bloated, nausea, threw up twice and had two hot flashes. I also had watery clear discharge the day of missed period and now it's creamy white. Mild ache/cramp in lower abdomen area but no sign of period. Tested and negative home pregnancy test. What could be wrong? Could I have ovulated late? Not enough hcg hormone or what?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
The symptoms you have described are suggestive of pregnancy.
But right now it is too early to get a positive urine test.
The chances of being pregnant are there. Early pregnancy test may be negative. You can do a blood test for B-hcg to exclude/confirm pregnancy. This test can be done under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Or you can wait till 23rd April and repeat the urine test using a highly sensitive test kit and an early morning sample of urine for the test.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have hashimotos thyroid disease and endometriosis. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Any thoughts? 6 minutes later
So even though I am 4 days late you think it's still too early for a urine test to come up positive? Would this be possible late ovulation? I'm really hoping I am pregnant. How soon can a blood hcg test show positive results? When could I get a vaginal sonogram that could also show that I am pregnant. One last thing, my cervix is very high and soft does that matter or clue into possible pregnancy?
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. You need to wait for few more days to get a positive urine test.
Late ovulation is also a possibility. The blood HCG test shows a positive result as early as 10 days post ovulation.
The vaginal; sonogram will not help you till you are at least 5 weeks pregnant.
The soft cervix is again suggestive of pregnancy but it needs confirmation after a urine or blood test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.