Trying to conceive. Have cornual blockage and Perifimbrail Adhesions on fallopian tube. Had failed IVF cycle. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Hi I am trying to get pregnant..I have cornual blockage on my left fallopian tube and Perifimbrail Adhesions on the right side tube.. I have gone through two IVf cycles but no success.. In first the eggs de generated and in second the implantation could not take place. I have hashimoto`s as well and currently taking 100mg thyronorm..Will i ever get pregnant and will my dream of having my own child fulfilled?...What should i Do?
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Firstly, I totally empathize with your situation, but the reality is that the success rate of IVF is only 30 - 40 %, and that too in the best of hands and the most experienced and renowned centres.
Various factors influence this success rate, such as the age of the woman, complications like fibroids, endometriosis, poor ovarian reserve, poor semen count etc.
You have not provided the details of how you responded to treatment, how many follicles were formed, how many were fertilized etc.
Many patients do lose hope as the process is emotionally, financially and medically taxing, particularly for the woman, but I would advise you to continue to go for further attempts, as your age is less than 35.
As age advances, success rates decline.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis leads to development of anti thyroid antibodies, which are generally associated with presence of anti ovarian antibodies, and thus can lead to diminished ability of the ovary to respond to stimulation with IVF.
However, you should aim at keeping your TSH < 2.5, and hope for a good result, as patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditis frequently do conceive, even naturally and on their own.
The only option for you to proceed ahead is to try with further IVF cycles, at the best of centres, with controlled TSH levels.
Maintaining a healthy BMI and taking regular folic acid is a must.
All the best.
Please feel free to write back for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Have cornual blockage and Perifimbrail Adhesions on fallopian tube. Had failed IVF cycle. Suggest? 56 minutes later
Dear Doc,

Thak you for your prompt response. In the first cycle of IVf immidiately after retrievel the eggs de generated..The second IVF was a natural IVf cycle in which only one egg is formed in a monthly process so it did and it became a grade A embryo..though in both the cases the ovarian response was a bit slow..dunno why but had tough time dealing with all the injections like menopur and rest.. If I go for laproscopy of the tubes, will it be possible for me to cinceive in anatural way?..I went to Dr XXXXXXX Mahajan in delhi who is considered to be the best doc second time around and still i could not get answer to why implanatation could not take place.. I would like to also know that i`m loosing my hairline pretty fast..Is it because of the hormonal injections which I have taken?...Please do guide me...
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Hi again.
The first time round, it appears as if you did not have good quality oocytes, as they degenerated.
Opting for natural cycle IVF the second time around also typically results in one egg, and chances of implantation of that embryo are naturally less, compared to traditional IVF where more than one embryos are implanted.
You have consulted the best in the field.
As I said earlier, IVF success rates are upto 40 % in the best of hands, and these reasons are why the success rates are not 100 %.
Please continue trying, and you are already with the best possible person.
There are many reasons for implantation failure - such as bad quality of eggs, bad endometrial growth, hostility between endometrium and egg, presence of antibodies etc.
That is why IVF does not succeed everytime.
Hair loss could be a complication of the hormonal injections, and also due to the thyroid disorder you have.
You could take proper treatment for the receding hairline from a qualified Dermatologist.