Trying to conceive. Had miscarriages. Missing period, started spotting. Getting headache, nausea. Implantation bleeding?

I have been ttc for months an have had two miscarriages in a row. One at 7 weeks and then a chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks. I was supposed to start my cycle yesterday but last Sunday I had a day of brown spotting and thought I was just starting early. No flow ever started. In the meantime I am nauseous, have tender breasts and have had a nagging headache for a week straight. Do you think this spotting was my cycle or does implantation bleeding really exist? Also last month after the chemical pregnancy I promised myself I wouldn't test early again. When should I test?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Implantation bleeding really does occur but it depends on person to person.
If you are late by a day only,its too early. The symptoms you have could be attributed to pre-menstruation or pregnancy,though its a bit too early for pregnancy symptoms. If you are late by over a week,then test for pregnancy.Till then cross your fingers.