Trying to conceive. Had intercourse after periods. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

Hi, I am 26yr old i and my husband are trying for baby from last 2yrs, my husband is wroking in gulf and he comes once in 6months for 20days, this time also we are tring for baby. this time i had my periods on 24/07/2012. and my husband was there wit me til August 8th. so i want to ask tht is there any chance for me to be pregnant this time. if yes when shld i check? pls answer
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Since your husband was with you till 8th August- Day16 of your period, the chances of conception are high in this cycle. The fertile period of the cycle is considered from day 9 to day 16 in a regular 28 day cycle.
You can check for pregnancy when your periods are overdue. You have to wait till 25th August and if you do not get any periods till then, do check a morning sample of urine for pregnancy using a pregnancy kit available at all the pharmacies.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Had intercourse after periods. What are the chances of getting pregnant? 23 minutes later
if my cycle is of 3o days? bcoz last i had my period on 23rd XXXXXXX den on 24th this time? im taking folic acid 5mg is it good or bad? and wat food shld i take? is there anything tht i shld nt eat during this time? is der any food which i shld avoid?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
In a 30 day cycle, the fertile days are from day 11 to day 18. Taking folic acid is good before conception as it decreases the neural tube defects in the baby.
Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for conception, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. Minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are also very helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.