Trying to conceive. Had blighted ovum. Association of lipitor and sperm motility miscarriage?

Hi we have been trying to conceive for a few months , I had a blighted ovum in dec and dnc
My husband is taking lipitor , was wondering the association with lipitor and sperm motility miscarriage . I have never had any problems before and have 2 healthy children from a previous marriage . I have been reading some reports about the drug from pts taking it and their inability to conceive and has given me some concerns .
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query
I understand your concern and will try to address it.
The common side effects of Lipitor are
Abdominal discomfort,flatulence
Abnormal rise in liver enzymes
Muscle pain and muscle fatigue 
Blurring of vision etc
In few cases sexual side effects like loss of libido and erectile dysfunction was also reported but sexual functions were restored after discontinuation of lipitor.
This effect was due to decrease in levels of cholesterol which resulted in decrease of testosterone levels but no study has reported a fall in sperm count or sperm motility.
There may be other reasons for not conceiving which should be explored by a fertility specialist.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Had blighted ovum. Association of lipitor and sperm motility miscarriage? 16 hours later
Thank you we will just wait and see for another few months ! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Ask your husband to quit smoking,if he smokes and moderate his alcohol amount as these things are responsible for reduction of sperm counts in many cases.