Trying to conceive. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Started spotting and passing blood clot. Worrisome

Sep 2012

So me and my boyfriend have been trying to Get pregnant
We have been having sex about every 2-3 days.
Lately ive been having regular periods this month i was a
Week late. Went in took a pregnancy test came Back
Negative and ive been having preggo symptoms
Sore Breast, nausea, vomiting. Yesterday i start spotting
And this morning i passed like a slimy blood clot. There
Isn't a normal flow only when im on the toilet it comes
Out.. Sound yukk but I'm confused.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 33 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description of the blood clots and the pregnancy symptoms indicates a possibility of spontaneous abortion.

As it is very early, it may not be detected in home pregnancy test. For confirmation you have to do a blood test for the beta HCG level. An ultrasound scan of abdomen is also helpful in detection of any sign of pregnancy.

But, right now, you are not pregnant.

You have to try again this month. You should try for pregnancy, during the 10 th to 18 th day of your menstrual cycle. It will help.

You can also use an ovulation kit to detect the day of ovulation. Try to have intercourse on or around that day. And after that day, you can take a progesterone group of drug. It will prevent spontaneous abortion.

You can also consult with a gynecologist for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Getting pregnancy symptoms. Started spotting and passing blood clot. Worrisome 24 minutes later
What's a spontaneous abortion???
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 8 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, spontaneous abortion means the abortion has occurred without any sign of abortion like abdominal pain. It occurs when there is major genetic abnormality in fetus.

Hope, you have your answer.