Trying to conceive. Getting cramps and back pain after periods. What this could be?

May 2013
I had my period 14 days ago, I had cramps on Sunday, and now my lower back is killing me, any idea what this could be.
I have a regular period every 29 days. I have been trying to have a baby since my miscarriage. My husband is 37 , he has a daughter from a previous marriage, she is eight. I have had ovarian cysts in the past. I struggling to understand why I am having such a hard time conceiving. I have a two year old son from a previous relationship . We have sex almost everyday, do I know I am not missing the opportunity . Any insight would be helpful
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 32 minutes later
The possible causes for your pain abdomen and back ache are:
Pain during ovulation.
Possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease(PID).
So you can go for symptomatic treatment like taking antispasmodics which will possibly relieve your pain.
If pain still persists you once consult gynecologist to rule out the possibility of PID or rarely ectopic pregnancy.
To improve the chances of fertility, you track your ovulation either by cervical mucus method or by kit and plan intercourse around that time.
Better to avoid intercourse for 2 to 3 days before the ovulatory period which will increase the seminal quantity and quality which will improve the rate of fertility.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.