Trying to conceive. Diagnosed with lyme disease. Feeling fatigued and heavy menstruation. What is the problem?

Hi I am a 32-year old female who has never been pregnant that I know of. Me and my boyfriend have been ttc for about a year now. I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease last summer...before that for four years I have complained to my doctor that something was not right with me. I had all of the following sudden onset of symptoms, burning pains in my muscles, fatigue, dizziness, heavier menstrual periods, and gastsro upset. I believe I suffer from a hormonal imbalance but hard to say because of the many symptoms that come along with Lyme disease. Recently I have missed my period for the month of Februaury then it came in march and i have been regular since..until now. It is now July 12th and my last period was May 28th to the 2nd of XXXXXXX I have took three pregnancies tests. They all say negative. What could be the problem? I have been experiencing the menstrual cramps but my menstrual never comes. My last pap was last year and it was normal. I have never ever had an abnormal pap. I also had a transvaginal ultrasound last year and my OBGYN found a fibroid towards the back of my uterus on my left side located near my rectum. He said that the fibroid is not large enough to cause any problems but the most heavy bleeding, then he went on to say that I could have children and why haven't I started a family yet? Well again my question is what could be the problem?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later
First off,you need to assessed thoroughly. Irregular cycles may be due to many causes but the most common cause if due to hormonal imbalance.You need to undergo a complete infertility work up including an ultrasound and a full hormone profile.Only after that can a treatment plan be started.A small fibroid doesnt mean that you cannot bear children unless some other cause is present.Get the hormone tests done first and an ultrasound and refer back with the reports.