Trying to come off ChlordiazePoxide, experiencing feelings of passing out, headache in sinus cavities and confusion. Normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am in the process of stopping the drug ChlordiazePoxide HCI. I have 2 pills to go. In the past 2 days I have been experiencing feelings of passing out but don't altogether. I lie down for a few moments and it goes away. I also have a headache in the sinus cavities.and confusion. Is this normal when one quits this medication?
Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. These could be related to withdrawal.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms and signs ordinarily associated with withdrawal of chlordiazepoxide are insomnia, agitation, depression, worsening of psychosis, tremor, twitches, seizures, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite cyanosis, sweating, etc.
The confusion and feeling of passing out that you have could be related to the withdrawal.
The headache in the sinus cavities may be due to a mild infection or congestion. Taking a steam inhalation and a mild pain killer like acetaminophen are likely to help you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.