Trying to build muscle of chest and biceps quickly. Suggest some effective steroid injection

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
HI
I am 24 years old my height is 5ft8inch i would like build muscle of chest and biceps quickly i mean in 2 to 3 month so please do prescribe some costly and effective steroid injection without any side effects
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Hello.

Muscle building is best done by exercising and taking good protein diet.
There are many protein powders available in the market like Nutrilite protein powder, etc.
Regular aerobic exercise is needed for building muscle mass.
Along with proteins and exercising, ample amount of water should be taken to maintain uric acid levels.

Steroids are available in the market for building muscle mass.
However, they are not recommended for it.
Steroids have certain long term side effects, therefore they are not routinely prescribed.
Steroids are prescribed in certain special situations only.

So, I would not suggest you to take steroids for building of muscle mass.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Trying to build muscle of chest and biceps quickly. Suggest some effective steroid injection 5 hours later
so far my knowledge is concern if we take some very costly steroid then it has low side effect
I would like to in what situation steroid is prescribed?
Bcause i want to gain muscle in quick time by workout in gym

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 29 minutes later
Hello and welcome again,

The group of drugs used for building muscle mass are called anabolic steroids. They are prescribed in persons who are emaciated (very weak, fragile and wasted). All steroids have side effects, therefore an ethical practioner will not prescribe these drugs for building muscle mass.

Further anabolic steroids are 'drugs of abuse' or 'doping drugs' when used for solely for the purpose of muscle building.

If you are keen on building muscles, exercise and take protein XXXXXXX nutritious foods.
The results will be slow to appear but the effects will be sustainable and will not have any deleterious effect on your health.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Trying to build muscle of chest and biceps quickly. Suggest some effective steroid injection 38 hours later
if i follow these kind of pattern this would take many many years i would just like shape my self not for muscle building just slight muscle mass.
As i know every medicine has a side effect if steroid has side effect then why steroid is invented?
As u said result will be slow that is not slow its very slow it take almost a year to see the desire result.
Protien XXXXXXX nutritious food wont do any thing in quick it also takes too many times.

Hello and welcome again,

Steroids are a group of drugs which are useful in some serious medical conditions like:
1. Autoimmune diseases- To suppress the immunity as in these diseases immune system become hyperactive and damages the persons own body.
2. Sex steroids are used in diseases wherein there is imbalance of sex hormones especially in females with menstrual irregularities.
3. Some steroids are conditions where the pulse and bp fall so as to cause a shock like state.
4. Topical steroids are used in a number skin diseases.

In all the above mentioned conditions, different groups are used. Steroid is not a single drug but different groups of drugs. Different groups have different characteristics and different usage.
Anabolic group is one of them. This group is rarely used.

Anabolic steroids are notoriously known for 'abuse' and 'doping' among sports person. It is inethical to prescribe them. Since I am worried about the side-effects this medicine may cause in you, I would not suggest you to go for anabolic steroids for body building.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal