Trying for second child. Bumpy feeling when breathing. Pregnancy test is negative. Chances of pregnancy?

yes, me and my husband are trying to have a second child. the last time we tried, i started haveing ALL of the signs and symptoms of pregnancy, including a corigated/bumpy feeling when breathing in, close to where i felt the same feeling last time i was exspecting, (lower abdomin/ feels like near my cervix.) BUT, i t has been close to 9 weeks now, will be as of this comming friday. and i have had five home pregnancy tests, three urine XXXXXXX at the dr.s office, one blood test, AND one partial, (only on my upper right side, sonogram, for a pain i was haveing for acouple of days, (whitch turned up nothing.) and ALL PREGNANCY TESTS CAME BACK NEGATIVE. could i still have a chance of being pregnant? i go for another sonogram, (hopefully full abdominal this thursday.) p.s, i am forty, almost forty one years old. i have done some online research, and found that sometimes false negatives can happen, especially in cases of ectopic pregnancies, or if theres XXXXXXX issue with the placenta. i am very comfused!!!!!!!!!! please help me figure this out. and also, i was perfectly normal with NONE of these syptoms before we tried.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Blood pregnancy test, ultrasound by experienced

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is not rare to see women who experience signs and symptoms of pregnancy while not pregnancy. Over zealousness to get pregnant could on its own explain "false" pregnancy signs and symptoms.

It is true that some pregnancy tests could give false positive results. But i am afraid, from what you describe, the result should be a positive pregnancy test. If the test was of good quality, was conducted and interpreted well, it would be rare or almost impossible for the results to be false positive result.

An ultrasound at 9 weeks should be able to give a definitive diagnosis concerning the state. The uterus' content and surrounding, be explain to present any exttrauterine mass in favor of an extra uterine pregnancy, the fetal heart beat in case there is a baby in the uterus.

A good pregnancy test and an ultrasound are sufficient to make the difference of whether there is a pregnancy or not. Get a pregnancy test done, with a blood sample to test for Beta HCG and get an experienced ultrasonographer or radiologist get an ultrasound done. Your description make chances for it being a pregnancy slim , very unlikely but possible. Feel free asking follow up questions in case you got any specific concerns. Kind regards.

Dr Rogers