Trying for conception. Need a lubricant which does not affect pregnancy chances

we trying to have baby . but we cant stop using durex play and its written on the box that it affect pregnancy chances . am wondering if there is a alternative lubricant that doesnt affect pregnancy
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 54 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us,
You may try water based lubricants like K-Y jelly for vaginal dryness.
But i suggest you to find out the cause of her vaginal dryness first. As this may well cause her trouble conceiving. There are a few possibilities. It may be due to lack of foreplay , psychological conditions like vaginusmus and pelvic pain, pelvic infections, anxiety regarding performance, low estrogen levels and some drugs such as narcotics, tranquilizers, nicotine, alcohol and sedatives.
I think her clinical examination by a gynecologist may give a clue. Doctor may give her appropriate advise & specific treatment if indicated.
Hope this clears your query. You may write back if you want to discuss this further. I will be there to respond.
If you do not have any follow up question please don't forget to accept my answer & close this query.
Wish you good health.