Trying for baby, pre-period symptoms. How can I get pregnant? When is the right time to have sex?

Hi, Iam married 35 yrs. wife is 27 yrs. old since from past 2 months we are trying for a baby, last month didn't happen. this month her date due for 16th april. she is experiencing period prior symptoms. please advice how to get pregnant, when is the right time to have sex.
last month we had sex every alternate day, but she had her period on the 16th March. what could be the reason she didn't get pregnant, Every day we travel to office in bike will it effect the conception
Its been 3 yrs. now we are married, still she gets pain during intercourse when I go deeper, is there any other problem with this which is affecting her conception. Please advice me the best practices for intercourse to get conceived. Please advice
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
For conception, try having intercourse every month around the ovulation days as it is the best time for conceiving. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary.
For a regular 30 day cycle, you need to have intercourse every alternate day from day 10 till day 17 considering the day periods start as day 1.

After intercourse, ask your wife not to wash immediately and keep on lying for some time. She can also keep a pillow under her buttocks so that semen does not come out.
Ridng on a bike does not affect the conception.
You can also use LH surge detection kits to find out the timing of ovulation. Intercourse done within 36 hours of a positive test is highly likely to result in conception.
If still you are unable to conceive, then other causes of primary infertility should be explored. Common causes of infertility in female are Endometriosis, ovulation problem, pelvic inflammatory disease, poor egg quality, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, damaged or blocked fallopian tubes etc.

In male reason for infertility are related to sperm (azoospermia, oligospermia), problem with sperm delivery, due to sexual dysfunction, and an obstruction etc. Hence complete work up has to be done with you and your wife to know the underlying cause for which you should consult a fertility expert.

Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for fertility, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. Minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are also very crucial to successful conception.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Trying for baby, pre-period symptoms. How can I get pregnant? When is the right time to have sex? 2 hours later
Thanks for the answer, one more query I have. Its been 3 yrs. we are married, still she gets pain during intercourse when I go deeper. (I have heard usually in beginning it will pain and gradually the pain will go), but still she experiences the pain. She stops me to go deeper, I have heard some times fibroid will also result in pain, and fibroid also cause the problem of infertility. Please advice how to treat this pain problem, is it related infertility. So far we never used any birth control or any artifical lubricants. Please advice
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again. XXXXXXX penetration is painful normally. It is not indicative of any pathology or a fibroid.
To remove your doubts, you can get her ultrasound done.
The pain during penetration is not related to infertility.
Having adequate foreplay and using a lubricant jelly will help in relieving the pain.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.