Trying for baby, brown and light red bleeding on and off, done PAP smear, history of gall bladder surgery, C-section, laser on eyes

hi, i am 41 years old, 5'3 and 129 weight. health history is surgery on gallbladder, left leg, c-section and laser on eyes and i had pap smar last friday and learned that i have 1 cm of fibroid of outside of uterus. i am trying for another baby and last fri night my boyriend and i had sex but my menstrual started on august 28th til sept 2nd (last firday) but it was not fullly completely and i had browny then period (ligthly red) came back again and i notice that ever since last friday it keeps on and off browny and lightly red. during the day nothing bleed until night light pink then changed browny fast same going on on on day/night..
what is taht?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

From the history provided it seems that you are having an irregular vaginal bleeding which might be happening due to the fibroid on the uterus.

The other causes of mild brownish spotting that you are having include a uterine or cervical cause like uterine polyp, cervical dysplasia, chronic cervicitis, cervical polyp, vaginal bacterial infection, dysfunctional uterine bleeding. etc.

You need to consult your gynaecologist who will detect the cause by doing a vaginal smear and other relevant investigations.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Trying for baby, brown and light red bleeding on and off, done PAP smear, history of gall bladder surgery, C-section, laser on eyes 2 hours later
last friday my doctor checked up for pap smar. during labor day weekend i noticed something clear discharge wtih spots of blood then i had a small period (light red) then brown. i dont remmy last friday night or last sunday night i had nausea and i remmy i had lower back pain last sunday night for sure. then went back to dr office again last tuesday for ultrasound to check on my stomach and found it is fibroid (1 cm). it is on the outside of uterus. i talked to dr about my menstrual problem. he said it is normal and even said to me i should not worry about it unless if my menstrula problem then go back to dr office. my dr said i can try to have antoher baby now. so can i get preg this time? is it reason that fibroid from outside of uterus causing bleeding thru uterus? if i have to go back to dr office, is there any treatment or medicine to stop bleeding so i can get preg?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A fibroid on the outer side of uterus is less likely to cause such bleeding. More likely reason is vaginal infection or hormonal disturbance. You need synthetic progesterone to control this bleeding and once you resume normal cycles, then you can plan for a baby.
Wishing you an early recovery.