Trying for baby. What kind of gel should be used during penetration or how can penetration be made easier?

Me and my wife are trying for a baby.
We wanted to know that while penetration what kind of gel or other things we can use which can make the penetration more easy as well as make sure it does not pain.

can you please advise

regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
 The slippery texture of a lubricant will add to the sensual feel of  any sexual encounter with a partner or by yourself. It can also help women who’s bodies don’t manufacture enough natural lubricant.

It is very important to use the correct lubricant for the sexual activity and other sexual items involved.

Water-based Lubes- are the most versatile, safe and popular lubricants for all situations. Typically made of de-ionized water, glycerin, and propylene glycol, they are safe to use with condoms and all forms of barrier birth control. It is rare that water-based lubricants cause irritation, and they don’t stain clothing. 

One of the famous water based lubricant is K.Y.JELLY another one is ASTROGLIDE

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Trying for baby. What kind of gel should be used during penetration or how can penetration be made easier? 20 minutes later
Hi Doc
thanks. Does this affect the pregnancy or the chances of getting pregnant as we are trying for a baby right now.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
It doesn't affect the pregnancy and is completely safe.