Trying for baby. Hormone tested normal. Ultrasound done. What does no enlarged follicle means? Chances of pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
we are trying for a baby from 1 yr, before i wnet gyn check ovulation happend every thing normal. Tried 3-4 cycles no issue. I went again for check up follicular growth was very slow, and 2-3 cycles ovulation not happend.
hormonal test shows normal, my Dr. prescribed metformin and clomid 100mg from 5-10 th day, my follicular size was 1.2 x 1.2 on day 10 at left. 1.9 x 2.1 on day 14th, and i went again 17th day it was ruptured. then she gave progesteron for 15 days. 2 days after finishing progesteron my cyc le started. iam continuing metformin, this month she did't suggest clomid. 10th day of my cycle follicle size 1.2 x 1.4 at right . I went 14 th day she said it has ruptured, free fluid was there no enlarged follicle ovulation was possitive and she prescribed progesteron for 15 days. My question is no enlarged follicle means? and what are the chances of getting pregnancy in this month?
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXX thanks for your query. I read your query. I understand your concerns.

There is no significance of 'No enlarged follicle' for you to know about it. The term is slightly misleading. Actually it is temporary condition because of hormonal fluctuations in the body and you would not find them during the next scan. Forget about it.

You had a follicle on day 10 and it ruptured on day 14 . It means that follicle became dominant in this duration and ruptured. If you had intercourse around 13 to 15th day of your cycle, you have good chance of conceiving. Hence I suggest you continue with progesterone & metformin tablets which will give you advantage in case if you conceive.

You keep hopes. All the best
Follow-up: Trying for baby. Hormone tested normal. Ultrasound done. What does no enlarged follicle means? Chances of pregnancy? 19 hours later
thank you

iam continuing those two tablets and vitamin tab also. this month iam expecting alot. can you sugest any precautions for these days. to day 17 th day.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

You don't need any specific precautions.

Just avoid lifting heavy weight and straining a lot. Be stress free.

All the best!!

If you are worried and need some suggestions, I will be available here for help.