Trying for baby. Had done semen analysis and hysterosalpingography. What are the findings?

Hello Doctor,
Hi I am a 37 year old married man working in OIL Sector XXXXXXX Our marrage life crosses 4 th year , we are trying for a baby last 9th Month, but we could not get any positive result. My wify period cycle are normal mothly basis and My Seman Analysis which was done last month are given below;
Vol-: 3.2 ML
Color: Opalescent
Reaction ;-Alkaline
Liquification Time; -35 Min
Total Sperm Count: 110 million/ml
Rapid Progessive: 75%
Slow Progressive; 05 %
Non Prg..; 20 %
Morphology- Normal; 70 %, Abnormal; 30 % , Pus Cell; 4-5 /HPF ; RBC ; 01 HPF; Testicular Cell ; Present ; Parasites ; Trichomonas (+++)
And my Wife , 32 year old Woman; her Hysterosalphingography reports as under;
The uterine cavity is filled with radio-oppque material. No. filling defect or nass is noted. The contrast outline is smooth. No intervening separation is noted in the contrast colomn. The fallopian tubes are well outlined with radio –opaque contrast material. Abnormal dilatation of the right ampulla with segmentation in noted. Spillage of contrast material in to peritonneal cavity is noted in the left side. No abnormal exatravasation odf constart into the pelvic veins is noted. No abnormal calcification is noted in the pelvis. Bony pelvis appers normal; BP are 102-67 range, sugar level normal in fastin and PP.
Please guide us for a baby birth from our side. We are egarly waitng for this moment…Plz. Help us.
Sr. Engineer
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 41 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Infertility is a common problem. For pregnancy to occur the following need to happen: (1) there needs to be production of adequate eggs and sperm (2) the egg and sperm need to be able to travel through the tubes (3) the embryo (very young baby) needs to implant in the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus

Your semen analysis is normal. The normal results are :volume should be at least 2.5 ml, liquification 30 min to 1 hour, at least 50% should be motile or moving, at least 50 % should be normal shape , sperm count should be greater than 20 million.

In your case the volume was 3.2 ml, liquification 35 mins, 75% moving in a rapidly progressive manner , 70% normal and the count was 110 million.

Your wife's HSG showed that the right tube is blocked, possible due to infection (salpingitis refers to infection of the tubes). This would be preventing the passage of the egg on this side.
This infection can be treated with antibiotics. In addition if the use of antibiotics does not improve the blockage , a procedure called laproscopy can be done to remove the blockage and reconstruct the tubes.

Since your semen was checked, any further evaluations would involve your wife if the above is not effective in resulting in pregnancy.

Uterus: to check if there are any other problems is related to the uterus ,the next evaluation would be an ultrasound

Ovaries: blood tests can be done to check the level of some hormones whose level are suppose to vary in a certain way if there is release of an egg. These hormones are FSH, LH.
Blood test would also be done to check thyroid hormone level and prolactin level. If these hormones are abnormal it can also affect fertility.

So essentially, the issue with the tubes need to be corrected by antibiotics and likely surgically.
If pregnancy does not occur after this procedure, further testing would be done.

I hope this helps