Trying for baby. Consume alcohol, had been doing regular masturbation. Does this effect my sperm count?

Infertility Specialist
1 iam XXXXXXX got married two and half yrs ago but still no child in this two and half years we both have lived separately for abt one and half yrs. rest one year me and my partner has both had limited intercourse due to over job and some domestic problem. my age is 34 yrs and my wife age is 24 yrs we both are very eager to have a baby.

this past one month we and my partner had intercourse almost 7 to 8 times and now waiting for result.
sir my problem is i have started masturbating when i was 13 yr old and i used to do regularly masturbate (daily 02 to 03 times in a day) till now at the age of 34. now there has been a point pinching my brain due to this excessive masturbation do i have got in the problem of lower sperm count. ie the reason im not able to conceive a ovary for baby. please help and guide me. secoundly i consume 02 pegs alcohol daily,no smoking and do physical exercise daily by running 05 km and doing some exercise. this about me sir please tell me do i have lower sperm count due to excessive masturbation?
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Infertility is defined as inability to conceive after trying for one year. I think you could still try if you have not been trying for a year due to staying separate.

2) Please remove the thought that mastrubation affects your fertility or any other system in body. It is safe and has no harm effects. Just completely take it out of your mind.

3) Please stop drinking .

4) Let me know how much is your count as you are saying it is low. Please attach the scanned copy of report if possible. I will go through and let you know.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Trying for baby. Consume alcohol, had been doing regular masturbation. Does this effect my sperm count? 36 hours later
sir i did not say that i have of lower sperm count i had a phobia of excessive masturbation for long years might lead to lower sperm count. secondly i hve not even tested my sperm count in a lab. i was in a thought to test my sperm fertility rate.

well i need an kind precision advise from u regarding the fertility.
what is this test about?
how to perform the test ?
what are the type of test should i undergo to check my fertility?
so that when im going to the lab i get assured what i have to do rather standing blank in front of the doctor, i want a little idea.
secoundly do u recommend any fertility hospital in jaipur bcoz i have asked some close friends but they have no idea about it, sir please help me out.

another important factor im a telecommunication techinical engineer and work under high frequency high power equipment power range to kilo watt power frequency to Mega to Giga hertz equipment wll this high frequency and power can cause damage of testicle cells.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 hours later

To check your fertility you only need semen analysis test.

If you are in Jaipur, Please visit any good standard laboratory near your house. You should not mastrubate for 3 days before going to check semen.

Go to the laboratory and tell you want to get semen analysis test done.

I dont think mastrubation would impact your fertility in any way. Be relaxed.

Generally radiofrequency waves dont cause testicular damage. There is no evidence in medical liteature to support it. Hence be relaxed.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol