Trying for a baby. Minera coil taken out. Missing periods. When is the best time to take pregnancy test?

Infertility Specialist
I had my merina coil taken out on the 16th july 2012, but had it in for 6 years and had it changed in April 2012 and still had no periods. Now we are wanting to try for a baby i still have not had a period and don't know where in my cycle I would be. When would be the best time to do a pregnancy test to XXXXXXX a correct result, given that I have not had a peiriod in such a long time. When I was pregnant with my first child back in 2001 my doctor then told me that I seem to ovulate very well!!!
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

If you had taken out mirena in July 16, you are still supposed to get withdrawal period before getting pregnancy. Hence following are my suggestions:

1) Wait for another 15 days for resumption of normal cycles.

2) If no cycles in 15 days, please get a serum beta hCG test after 15 days to check for pregnancy. this test is very accurate.

3) If pregnancy test is negative them go for a transvaginal ultrasound to assess endometrial thickness and if there is need for any other medicines.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Trying for a baby. Minera coil taken out. Missing periods. When is the best time to take pregnancy test? 18 hours later
My husband wishes me to ask, in 2006 i had a termination on a pregnancy at 10 weeks would this likely cause any problems in us trying for a baby now?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 minutes later

I am glad that you replied. I know you both must be tensed about the abortion you had.

Let me reassure you that the abortion you had is in no way going to affect your try for a baby now.

So I advice you to stay relaxed and try for pregnancy.

I wish you all the best.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer & close this discussion if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility & IVF Specialist