Trying for a baby. Had fibroid operation done and having regular period. Any suggestion?

Female, age 45
Been trying for baby for past 6 years. Had fibroids operation in November 2009. Have regular period (22 days cycle).
Do you have any suggestions? We have thought of IVF but due to our financial circumstance we cannot go through.

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 36 minutes later

Good that your cycles are regular. Cycles are more likely to be ovulatory if they are regular. This is one positive point in your case.

I would like to know more information so that i can suggest you further course:
1. What was the size of fibroid? was it removed by laproscopic or hysteroscopic route?
2. Do you have any medical problem like thyroid?
3. Let me know your hormonal profile like FSH, LH
4. Hysterosalpingography report.
5. Blood sugar level.Glucose tolerance test?
6. Diagnostic laproscopy?
7. recent Ultrasound report?

Waiting for your reply,
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Trying for a baby. Had fibroid operation done and having regular period. Any suggestion? 8 hours later
Dear Dr Nilofer
Thank you for your quick response my last blood test was taken on 16th August 2012. I am attaching my blood report with this. Also blood report March 2012 when I went to India I had done.
When I had my operation 6 fibroids were removed with one cyst. But the doctor said that they could not remove the ones which were in the wall of my uterus.
One of them was 6cm big on my left side and now and again I have slight pain on that side but I have learnt to live with the pain now.
Your advice and guidance in this be highly appreciated.
King regards
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 hours later

I went through your history and medical reports in detail.

All your reports are normal except for blood sugar.

Before going for IVF i would suggest you the following:
1. Get your fasting and postprandial blood sugar. If you are detected as diabetic, better to start drugs and normalize your sugars as soon as possible. Diabetes is main cause of infertility.
2. Get your Ovarian reserve test done. This shows if your ovaries are still working normally. This is very important . If ovarian reserve is low, you will just be wasting money on IVF.
3. If you are overweight, reduce your weight atleast by 5%. This will double your chances of conception and also control diabetes.
4. Be stress free as stress itself will hamper fertility.

Hoping your husband's semen analysis is normal, you have good chances of getting pregnant provided you normalize your blood sugar.

Hope this helps. Wish you good luck.
Dr Nilofer