Trying for a baby. Had ectopic pregnancy. Can go for IVF without treating for TB if PCR is positive?

Hi, we got married in 2008 and since then we are trying for baby, in 2010 my wife had ectopic pregnancy and to remove the right tube. now in 2012 when we consulted doctor they are saying her amh is low to 0.14 and he endometric thickness is 6mm for which they have asked us to go for endo biopsy with PCR test , for which the laproscopy is done last week and if this test turns positive she has to undergo treatment for 6months. but in this six months she may stop producing eggs? does she will produce eggs after the 6months treatment? can we go for IVF without treating for TB if PCR is positive? is there any possibility to freeze eggs like freezing sperms right now? please suggest what to do....
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
I can understand your concern.
If the test for PCR and endometrial biopsy comes positive, then she needs to have treatment for tuberculosis for six months. In such a case, most of the cycles are anovulatory and chances of conception are low.
After the completion of treatment, she will resume producing the healthy eggs after which you can try for conception.
Without the treatment for TB, going for IVF is useless as even after a successful fertilisation, implantation of the embryo in the uterus is difficult with such a thin endometrium. The survival rate of embryo is also decreased.
There is no need to freeze the eggs right now. Just wait for the reports and then discuss your options with your infertility specialist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.