Trying anal sex with condom and withdrawn without ejaculation. Broken condom. Any upcoming risk?

Question
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

I was trying anal sex with condom . After 8-9 seconds(3-4 stroke) I withdrawn without ejaculation .I noticed that condom was broke (My dick head was exposed).
How much risk it was?

I consulted with a doctor second day. He put me on PEP (DEovir-N twice in a day for 14 days) .I started this after 52 hr of exposure. its the 3rd day and am feeling very low. not feel like having food /stomach problem.
I read somewhere that it was not the right medicine which doctor described.

I am getting married soon.I am very worried doctor. If i want to conclusive test result. PCR DNA would help ?? even if i am on PEP and go for PCR DNA on 21st day after exposure .Would I be assure about my life?

Thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
P24 antigen assay

Detailed Answer:

First, I would suggest you to assess the risk involved in the exposure considering the status of the partner. If you can provide some details about your partner - who the partner was / HIV status of the partner and so on, it will help me assess the risk and also to advice on PEP.

Also, if you want to be tested I would recommend P24 antigen assay. This test is reliable after 21 days of exposure. DNA test may reveal a false negative result as the PEP will reduce the DNA count if you were infected.

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Trying anal sex with condom and withdrawn without ejaculation. Broken condom. Any upcoming risk? 7 hours later
He said he got tested 3 weeks before as Negative . It was random hook up. He was not my friend. I was the active partner(TOP- Insertive).

Is P24 antigen assay available in bangalore? Could you name in center?

How much it cost and how many days it takes for the result?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its a low risk scenario

Detailed Answer:

I would consider it a low risk scenario based on the partner.

Any way you have start PEP, now complete the course.

P24 assay is done in many labs. Metropolis, Ranbaxy or Thyrocare labs are recommended. The above are at many places.