Ask a Dentist   »  

Trouble with vision, hazy appearance since removal of wisdom tooth. Taking ibuprofen. Common?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
I had my lower wisdom teeth removed four days ago. I've been having trouble with vision. It's mainly at night time. My eyes are having trouble adjusting to the light. Everything appears hazy. I though that perhaps it was th panadeine forte or the ibuprofen 400mg causing side effects of dizziness. So I haven't taken any today but I still feel dizzy. Is this common? I calorie count to and I know I have sufficient calorie intake today so it can't be because my diet has been reduced
I also take celapram for depression and anxiety 40mg.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 26 minutes later

Wisdom tooth extraction ideally does not cause any dizziness/weakness especially if the healing is satisfactory. It also has no correlation with eye sight problems. The above mentioned medicines in certain cases may result in mild dizziness at-times in certain patients but this symptom is not common. I would suggest that you visit your dentist/surgeon for an oral examination to ascertain that the wound is healing properly and has no infection. Meanwhile take rest, keep yourself hydrated and eat healthy food.

Hope you feel better soon.