Trouble with right leg and may have clipped by a dog. Having cramps. Suggest treatment?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Im having trouble with my rt. leg. can't tell if maybe blood cloth, leg is not swollen, I believed it was from being clipped by a pyreness dog. Saturday, woke me like a cramp. Do I need to check with ortho doc?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can't be a blood clot

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The typical features of a blood clot (DVT) in leg are
* Diffusely swollen leg
* the leg will be warm to touch
* pain & tenderness to touch
* change in the colour of the skin of the leg into blue, red .

If you don't have the above features, it cannot be DVT (blood clot).

Initially, Do some ice packing of the affected area, Moist heat fomentation to relax the crampy muscles and analgesic medications. If your symptoms are not resolved , then consultation with your treating doctor may be needed.

Hope I have addressed your query. I welcome any more clarifications.

Follow-up: Trouble with right leg and may have clipped by a dog. Having cramps. Suggest treatment? 15 hours later
I resumed water activity and my right leg improved. Did you response on my own. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about the issue.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Nice to hear from you.

If you find improvement in the symptomatology then give some more time for the natural process of complete recovery to happen.

Watchful expectancy is all what is needed. If any of your symptoms are concerning, then only you need to visit a doctor.

Wishing you a quick recovery . Good day