Trouble while walking, numbness, tingling, paresthesias, constipation, bladder issues. Can it be due to lumbar stenosis?

Spine Surgeon
Question
HI I AM A MALE 56 YO AND SINCE 3 YEARS I HAVE TROUBLE TO WALK
WITH RIGHT LEG, NUMBNESS, TINGLING, PARESTHESIAS FROM ANO TO LOWER LEG UP FOOT, COSTIPATION, BLADDER PROBLEMS, EVERYTHING ALTERNATING A BEST AND WORST MOMENTS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS CAN BE A PROBLEM FROM THE LOMBAR STENOSI OR NECK.
LINK TO SEE RMI
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=98F25CC1B59C679B!570&authkey=!AHVIiPt8Y4jkak4
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=98F25CC1B59C679B!449&authkey=!AJ8Y_xKqJI6xZe8
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=98F25CC1B59C679B!634&authkey=!ALqxDKYtlR-FDPE
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Osteoporosis

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 2 hours later
hello..
thank you for sharing your problem.
From your description you have features of lumbar spinal stenosis and not cervical stenosis.
I am unable to access the MRI images. Please resend the images
thank you

Follow-up: Trouble while walking, numbness, tingling, paresthesias, constipation, bladder issues. Can it be due to lumbar stenosis? 22 minutes later
SORRY BUT YOU HAVE JUST TO COPY THE 2 FIRST LINKS AND DROP ON THE BROWSER TO SEE PICS AND THE LAST LINK IS TO DOWNLOAD THE ZIPFILE OF THE LOMBAR RMI

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 26 hours later
Hello...
Sorry for the delay as I had trouble with skydrive. I had seen all your MRI images .
In the neck MRI- you do have some degenerative disc disease but I do not think that is the cause for your current symptoms.
Your lumbar spine MRI do show spinal stenosis with disc degeneration, which can cause leg pain as you described, which can be treated with medicines, epidural steroid injections in the back with structured physiotherapy. Surgery is indicated when all modalities fail to improve the symptoms.
But your bladder problems and constipation are not related to neck or back degeneration and ultrasound scan of abdomen would easily detect if you have bladder or prostrate related issues.
Thank you
Dr KK

Follow-up: Trouble while walking, numbness, tingling, paresthesias, constipation, bladder issues. Can it be due to lumbar stenosis? 1 hour later
tanks you very good ;) i will chek better

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 21 hours later
Thank you. Let me know if you have any questions later. You may post it directly at my profile here, WWW.WWWW.WW
Dr KK