Ask a Urologist   »  

Trouble urinating, severe pain, cloudy urine. Whether or not smoking marijuana will help or make it worse ?

Hi, I believe that I am in the beginning stages of a UTI. I have been drinking tons of water and taking cranberry supplements. there really isn't much frequent pain, just mild discomfort here and there. i don't have trouble urinating, and the severe pain and cloudy urine only happened once yesterday morning. it's been relatively okay since then. my question is whether or not smoking marijuana will help or make it worse, and since it's my birthday tomorrow i was probably going to go out for some drinks, but wasn't sure if it was safe, even in moderation.
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Smoking marijuana should not have any effect on your urinary system.
You can go ahead with some drinks and alcohol should not cause any problem to you.
Take plenty of water and if pain in urine returns then you must get your urine checked for infection and may even go for culture.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck