Trouble in swallowing, feeling of tightness in windpipe, difficulty in breathing, acid burn. How to get relief?

hi i am having trouble swollowing my windpipe in my chest feels really tight and its also making it harder to breathe i also have acid burn, every time i drink or eat food it really hurtsi feel slighly worryed about this
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

From the details that you have shared it seems that you are having some problem with digestive system and probably having acid reflux or more secretion of acid.

When ever there hyper secretion of acid or acid reflux is there, the inner skin of food pipe gets irritated and become inflamed. When you eat, the food irritates it more and you have problems like the one you are having.

I think you need to visit your family physician once to confirm the diagnosis and proper treatment.

In general please do following which should help.

>Plan your diet well. Avoid high fat foods like junk food, cold drinks. Take small frequent meals during day time.
>Avoid late night eating.
>Take more of fruits and vegetables.
>Do not sleep at least for 2 hours after dinner.
>Do not take any medicines like analgesics which may add to the problem.
>Avoid smoking.
>Drugs like omeprazole taken once daily can help, still I will prefer that you visit a doctor and then take any medicines for this.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries, in case you do not have more queries please accept the answer.