Trouble getting hard erection, normal testosterone, healthy diet, tried Agelles Maleand Triple Action Virility Support.

Hay Doc. I am 74, 75 next month I am in excellent health 5' 9" 187 lb. colestral 167 testosterone level is normal. I tried Agelles Maleand Triple Action Virility Support, the month is almost up. I take ALL kinds of vitamins. Eat alot of frutes and vegetables, lots of sallads, no milk, drink maybe 3 cokes on the week ends and some fast food. Go dancing Thu. and Fri., country Western and rock n roll. OK, the question is, I can't get it up at all, Haven't had sex in about 4 years. About a month ago, one and a half Levetra's would not get it up. That was very disappointing. I have tried everything that has come down the pike, nothing workes. Have you got any suggestions for me? I am expecting to start get with some Ladies any where from 30 to 60 soon. I need your HELP ! ! ! Thank You
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 26 minutes later

What I can understand from your query is that you are not able to achieve hard erection which is required for intercourse. It can be due to stress or anxiety or the anxiety of non performance which is affecting your erections. It can also be due to unrealistic sexual expectations, which make sex a task rather than a pleasure. I hope you are not taking any alcohol or smoking as sometimes these can also cause erectile dysfunction.

I will describe some simple measures which you can incorporate and these should help you. First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any), indulge in physical exercise and eat a healthy diet which I feel you are already following. Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress. You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex.

Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is very effective. If however the symptoms persist then we need to rule out certain medical conditions. These include diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, metabolic syndrome, enlarged prostate and neurological causes.

The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is Sildenafil or Vardenafil (Levitra), which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting. However it may not be effective if you have uncontrolled diabetes, very low blood pressure (hypotension) or uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension), heart disease or heart failure, stroke or you are taking any nitrate drugs for angina, blood-thinning (anticoagulant) medications, antihypertensives or alpha blockers for enlarged prostate.

This may be reason for the drug not working in your case. Also if you are having low testosterone then you may need testosterone supplements. So you should consult a urologist and get blood tests, urine analysis, ultrasound penis and overnight erection test done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions then please do post us.