Trouble breathing, breathlessness, feeling of not enough oxygen in air breathed in

I'm having trouble breathing. '''' I can suck air, but it seems that is not enough, do not I get the feeling of'' oxygenate'' my air. It's weird, I can not explain. I'll send a link that has similar cases.

Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

You seem to have trouble breathing and I have also gone through the website you have mentioned.

I would like to know if:
1. You have any history of medical illness like heart diseases, anxiety, and pulmonary disease.
2. Are you under stress?
3. Are you under any other medications other than the ones mentioned?
4. Do you have heart burn, bloating of abdomen, increased heart rate?

There are many causes for such conditions. The common will be due to:
1. Anxiety, panic attacks.
2. Respiratory diseases (obstructive and restrictive diseases) like asthma, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), emphysema etc..
3. Heart diseases.
4. Acidity, gastric problems.

You will need a thorough investigation and rule out any history of medical illness.
You might also need to do tests like:
1. Echocardiogram
2. ECG (Electrocardiogram)
3. Pulmonary function tests

You will need to get examined by a primary physician initially. You symptoms probably look like anxiety but it needs further examination and tests to come to a diagnosis.

Awaiting your response