Tried to quit smoking but had cigarettes. Due for Nicotine and Cotinine test. Will it show up in the test?

My company recently offered a wellness program at work. We have to now pay a higher premium if we smoke. This gave me incentive to quit smoking. I had been so good. I have been smoke free for 14 days. But I had a very emotional evening on the 28th. Had 8 cigarettes. Last one was at 5pm 9/28. On the 7th (9 days away) I am suppose to be taking a blood test the includes Nicotine and Cotinine test. From what I understand I need to be < 20 ng/l to be consider no longer an active smoker. How likely is this? I am not trying to cheat. I want to quit. I can probably push my test out a week if that will help.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, you can prevent these emotional bursts.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. It is better as you mentioned to push your test a week later. You can ask your doctor to prescribe for you bupropion or you can take it over the counter to help you not to smoke. It does not let these emotional states to happen again. If you have had a severe head injury or history of seizure it is better not to take this medication. You can gradually stop this medication after 8 to 12 weeks that you have start it. Let me know if you have any other question.