Tried different depression medicines. Had several tests and receive testosterone shots monthly. Taking medicines. Need advise?

I live in N. Cal. and have tried 7 different anti depressant meds., none of which have helped me longer than a couple of months. I seem to be one of those drug resistant cases and have had the new "swab test" done to see what med might help. It takes 2 months to get in to see my psychiatrist and all he does is prescribe new med. I have had blood tests, MRI of brain, endochronologist recommended blood tests and I receive testosterone shots monthly. I have also been getting B12 shots monthly. My wife supports me w/ nutritional meals and supplements, we are trying to cover all the bases to improve my mental health. I do have sleep apnea and use a CPap at night. I have issues w/ insomnia which I believe led to severe depression, and am taking Alteril and olanzapine at night to aid in sleep issue. I have read extensively on depression and have had many counseling sessions. At this point I wonder if I am doomed to feel like this for the remainder of my life, I am 52. My father (lived to 86) had anxiety issues and was on meds for large portion of his life. My siblings think it is genetic and they have anxiety, insomnia also. My wife believes my tobacco habit could be a large culprit (30 years) . Long question, but this locale has little mental health support networks... do you have any suggestions for me at this juncture ? Presently I am not taking any anti depressants, and my next psych . appt is not until Oct. Thank you for whatever info. you may send my way.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would suggest you take anxiety medication

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
Based on my experience and your history I would suggest you continue with anxiety medication like lorazepam, and start yoga as you wait for your next appointment with psychiatrist. In addition I would suggest you avoid stress full activities, jobs and do a lot of relaxation exercises, deep breathing exercises. Diet XXXXXXX in fresh vegetables and with no coffee, no diary products would be good suggestion for you. This is what I usually do and some of my patients have improved. I am happy to note that you have counseling sessions please continue with that. In addition to professional counseling, I usually like to use patient expert counselor(I mean patients who have had similar symptoms and have recovered, counseling those who are still suffering and sharing there experience).This has helped many of my patients. Do not lose hope, you need more commitment from your doctor and counselor, you will be fine. Hope I answered you question, I will be happy to answer more queries from you.
Follow-up: Tried different depression medicines. Had several tests and receive testosterone shots monthly. Taking medicines. Need advise? 50 minutes later
What is your opinion and experience with the Fisher Wallace stimulator and have any patients had success with this device?
Answered by Dr. David Okia 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My opinion is use it with anxiety drugs

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
I have not prescribed it for my patients yet but I have heard success stories about Fischer Wallace stimulator especially in those patients who used it together with anxiety drugs with close supervision from their doctor.
I would recommend you use it together with anxiety medication but with close monitoring from your doctor. Hope I answered your question