Tried Tylenol for headache but no relief. Can I use Roxicet for Sinus headache?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Can I use Roxicet for a Sinus headache?
I have tried Tylenol extra strength but had no relief.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Caution with opioids, Severe pain = Sinus CT

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Yes, you may use a dose of Roxicet (Paracetamol / Acetaminophen + Oxycodone) for a Sinus headache under medical supervision.

2. Roxicet is a prescription drug and opiate drugs have many side effects.

3. If your Sinus pain is severe, with extra strength Tylenol giving no relief, get a plain Sinus CT Scan done. It will settle the diagnosis and guide further treatment.

4. Painkillers alone will only mask the Sinus headache and other supportive medication is required to help heal the sinuses. Severe pain may be a sign of an impending complication and hence should be masked by painkillers with caution.

5. You may share the Sinus CT images here for further advice.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Tried Tylenol for headache but no relief. Can I use Roxicet for Sinus headache? 34 minutes later
Thank you for your answer, I have had a sinus ct scan and do need to have a " clean out operation" even with insurance I can not afford the cost right now.

I will use the Roxicet responsibly

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. If there is any acute sinusitis it must be treated.

2. After it subsides, request your physician to start a fifteen day trial with an anti-histamine, an anti-leukotriene, a steroid nasal spray and steam inhalation.

3. This may help you avoid a sinus surgery. You may upload the CT images for an accurate diagnosis.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.