Tried Prozac, citalopram, reboxetine and duloxetine. Feel depressed. Will maclobomide work better?

Hi, I've tried Prozac, citalopram, reboxetine and now duloxetine and I'm still depressed, would maclobomide work better do you know? I have a weight problem which makes me worse. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Trying provides the best answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this depression and the difficulties getting a drug that actually controls the symptoms and restores your normal state.

I will like to know whether you were investigated for hypothyroidism as a possible cause?. Also, do you take these drugs for at least 4-8weeks before concluding that they are not effective? Well, if these things have been done, then maybe they simply do not work well for you. This is strange why most of the best drugs for this condition would not be effective for you.

The best way to know whether maclobomide would work better would be by trying. Give it a try and see whether it works because if all the above have failed in your case, I can't be confident enough saying any other would work unless I have seen it working well for you already. Talk with your doctor ad give it a try if warranted.

Your weight is really much for your height. I will suggest that you talk with a dietitian adopt a healthy diet that can help you loose some weight. Also, staying active and doing physical exercise would help you in this fight. This would very much aid in your sleep apnea. Also, if excess weight is the cause or contributing factor to your depression, you would feel a lot better, too, after loosing some weight.

Try coping strategies like getting involved in social groups, structuring your day ahead of time, simplify your life, avoid making any major decisions when down, join a support group, etc. Also, if you have not been evaluated by a psychiatrist, please endeavor to XXXXXXX and discuss with one. If you ever feel like hurting yourself, please call the emergency service.

Hope you find this helpful. I hope you get to find a drug that works well for you soonest.
I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD