Tremors, anxiety, weak limbs, taken Thyronorm, calcium, Pregeb, thyroid antibodies, had bronchial asthma

I am 29 yrs old female with allergic bronchial asthma history. I have a travelling job which includes long sitting.I have been diagnosed with LS straightening, osteophytes formation,annular tears with posterior herniation in L4,L5 and S1. Also, there is nerve compression at cerviacla level causing pain and in neck and left arm. Ihave pain and burning sensation in LS region and in left leg,especially knee. I can't stand for more than 10 min as feet start paining. Thyroid levels are normal but thyroid antibodies is 660 [ref range 20-60], Vit D3 levels are also insufficient. Density is normal in MRI though. Knee X-rays are normal. I have been advised thyronorm 25 OD, cal tablets, pregeb 75M BD, Myotop, Ultracet and vit D3 arachinoid inj [one every month for 3 months]. After two weeks of the medicine intake, I am feeling weakness in lower limb and in left side upper limb. I am having continuous tremors since 2 days accompanied with anxiety. Please advise as my work is badly affected.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 3 hours later

Based on your description, it seems that you might be suffering from early degenerative spondylosis involving both the neck and the back. There might be stenosis of the lumbar canal which means when you stand there is narrowing of the space in the back which reduce the blood supply to the nerve and once you either bend forward or sit it recovers. This is responsible for what you describe "pain after you stand for 10 minutes".

It is unusual to have weakness in the legs and left upper limb simultaneously. Tremors is a sign of anxiety. So I feel most of the symptoms you have may be exaggerated by your stress and thoughts about having serious disease.

Hence I encourage you to consult a Neurologist and get your self tested to confirm the same. So continue the medicines prescribed and confirm what have said from a good Neurologist.

Hope my answers are helpful. Should you have additional queries, I will be glad to answer them.