Tremor in voice and hands, and palpitation after taking Asthalin. Want to know a substitute for it.

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I want to know a substitute for asthalin respules. In fact, my wife nebulized herself with 3 doses of 2.5ml asthalin. Now, she is having some tremor in voice and hands. Also, she is having some palpitation.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 31 minutes later

Asthalin respules contain Salbutamol which is a bronchodilator with known minor side effects like tremors and palpitations. Infact tablet form of the same medicine can also cause this side effects. But this side effect is dose related and resolve on its own after stopping the medicine.

The alternative safer bronchodilator is Ipratropium bromide also available as ipravent respules or solution form nebulisation.

But please remember that all medications have some side effects and should be taken only as per your doctors advice and dosage prescribed. Since your wife has taken thrice the dosage recommended she is having a problem, so kindly consult your doctor promptly if her breathlessness, cough and other symptoms are not relieved by the current medication.

Hope I have answered your query. I'll be available for any follow up queries.