Treatment for weakness, tiredness and sore throat?

ENT Specialist
Soar throat Hi my name is XXXXXXI have a really bad sore Throat and I feel real weak/ tired and have the jitters I don't know why I feel like this?

Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 20 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get your throat examined by a local ENT Specialist or physician.

2. What is your age? Do you have fever, cold and cough in addition?

3. Most sore throats are viral and accompanied by malaise, fatigue and body ache. The viremia spreads throughout the body.

4. The jitters may be due to dehydration, gastritis and acidity.

5. Take complete rest and hydrate your self with fluids. Use a medicated oral rinse for gargling.

6. Let your physician decide the medication based on your symptoms, Typically this would include an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory, an anti-allergic and a cough syrup, if necessary. Blood tests and throat swabs may be advised.

7. There is no cause for worry as most sore throats heal quickly with medication.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.