Treatment for watery discharge with blood, vaginal burning after hysterectomy?

I am a 46 y.o. S/P supracervical hysterectomy x 2 years. I am experiencing a discharge that is watery, clear with an occasional tint of light red blood. It does not have a purulent odor. There is a slight burning in my vagina. I am monogamous with the same partner for 2 + years. The symptoms emerged following intercourse four days ago.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible causes to burning vagina.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms you are experiencing following intercourse four days ago might be related to: - dry sex (you did not reach orgasm and did not become wet enough while penetration occurred, leading to laceration during penetration and burning sensation) - hard sex (involving in hard sex would also cause laceration/injury to your vagina causing burning sensation) - possible vaginal infection I suggest to: - keep your genitalia well cleaned and dried; do use hypoallergic soap/intima douche - apply Greek yogurt to reduce burning sensation - can insert probiotics inside your vagina to optimize the vaginal flora (can ask at your local drug store for vaginal probiotics ovules) - avoid sex until symptoms will improve - do wash your genitalia immediately after having sex - if condoms are used, try to use hypo-allergic ones If the symptoms will persist, I'd suggest to do a vaginal swab testing to rule out vaginal infection and get it treated properly. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana