Treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

Hello Doctor, Hi Doctor...attaching the screenshot again. please note the patient is my mother and her age is 50. Thank you. I'm attaching the report again. Looking forward for your valuable advise. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 40 hours later
Brief Answer: Poorly controlled diabetes. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX , Hi! first of all sorry for the technical problem you were facing to upload the reports. as per the reports your mom is diabetic and poorly controlled state. liver enzymes are marginally elevated suggesting diabetes exerting effect on liver. kidney seems ok and rest us normal. now to solve her problems I need to know what is she taking and how are her eating habits and how much is she mobile. Regards!
Follow-up: Treatment for uncontrolled diabetes 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor. She has been taking Dialin tablets for almost 3years. She does blood test regularly..however never got it checked by a doctor, mainly coz she was she used to continue taking the same medicine..yep..self consultation! Her diet is controlled and she hardly ate any sweets,fruits ,oil riches foods. she regularly go for walking as well...however it appears her sugar level was at the range 200 for many years and by hieridetary she is close to obese.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Daonil is what you mean I believe. Detailed Answer: dear sir, her present tab is not working good for her. she should ideally be on insulin. as her liver enzymes are going up. I would suggest see an endocrinologist once and get her treatment properly charted out. if she does not agree let me know I will give her the required prescription. meanwhile I will need her ECG as well and bold pressure values. regards!
Thanks Doctor. The tablet name is Daonil only..I did a typo. I took my mom to Dr's and her bp is 148/90 which was tad shocking as she used to be in her limit all this time. the doctor prescribed Istamet(1-0-1) and pioz 15mg (1-0-0)...and advised to recheck the bp during next visit before suggesting any prescription..I don't have the ECG yet..will upload once I get it done...should I leave this discussion open till then? Reg the liver enzymes.. should she take some other tab? looking forward for your valuable advise.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 14 hours later
Brief Answer: let us review. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, let me revise the plan for you. 1. please stop daonil. 2. put her on gemer- 2 twice a day one before breakfast and one before dinner. 3. continue istamet 50/500 mg 1-0-1 4. do not start pioz 5. start cardace 5 mg once a day after breakfast. 6. give her udiliv twice a day after meals. 7. review with me after 15 days with fasting, post meal and blood pressure. regards!